This is perhaps the largest project that I’ve worked on as the lone developer. Their previous website was a very old custom system written in .NET. I wrote several scripts that spidered their old site and saved the content into the new website. I also wrote a module that queried Sunlight Foundation’s Congress API and GovTrack’s API that pulled in the Bioguide ID number for each congress person in the website, which numbered about 6,000.
Additionally, I wireframed the entire project using Omnigraffle, which took a tremndous amount of planning. First I had to examine all of their existing content, then figure out what they all had in common and how a person would navigate throughout then entire web site experience.